Olaf Care Cot
- Speak To Us - 1890 989 353
- Engineered Delivery Available
As each cot is customised based on the specifiic requirements of each child, pricing can vary. Please contact us to arrange an assessment. We will then supply a detailed quotation. The Olaf range is highly suitable for restless children with excessive physical mobility.
Olaf Beds - the flexible all-rounder
- With two low access options and 70cm of variable height, the Olaf answers many needs
- The Olaf range is highly suitable for restless children with excessive physical mobility.
- It is ideal for children who can independently pull to kneel or standing and require therapy treatments in bed.
- It is suitable for children, who despite illness and disability have the physical mobility to get in and out of bed independently.
- The colour design of the bed makes it more attractive and stimulates the child’s visual awareness. It has a light and airy feel, with plexiglass panels so that the child can see what is going on around it.
- At night a secure and cosy sleeping place, during the day this Bed can be part of the child's day space and play area.
- The Olaf Bed has four doors that open the long side, but 8 doors are also an option.
- The door height of 98 cm or 135 cm help prevent the child from climbing out of the bed unattended.
- The 70cm lift motor allows for this low access cot to raise to a safe working height - from 35 cm to 105 cm (optional 17 cm/105 cm) upper edge of mattress - This cot is ideal where the child can independently transfer because it is so low, yet it still rises high enough to ensure carers risks are addressed.
- The Olaf can be set at seat or wheelchair height to enable a simple and safe transfer in and out of bed, in addition to being close to the ground.
- There is sufficient clearance for hoists to be used. (The option 17 cm extreme low access is however not hoist accessible).
- With a weight capacity of 150 kg a parent or therapist can also join the child in the bed.
- The Olaf can have padding fitted so that there is no need to remove any part of the padding when the adjustable height platform is raised. This is new for 2014 and only applies to Olaf Cot Beds that are ordered with padding as new.
Reasons to buy an Olaf Cot Bed
- Three bed sizes: 70/140 cm, 90/170 cm and 90/200 cm
- Extreme height adjustable up to 70 cm, i.e. very low access level and perfect care-level
- Special door lock prevents the doors from being opened from the inside
- Special door fitting prevents the doors being opened from inside
- Customise with fixed, manual or electric mechanism to adjust lying surface
- Sweat and saliva resistant wood treatment in accordance with DIN 71-3 Children's Toys Safety Act
- Can be used as play area during the day
- Plexiglass panels allow visual access both in and out
- Lying surface infinitely adjustable
- Custom-made units to meet the specific requirements of the patient are possible
YOUR SHIPPING AND DELIVERY POLICY
- Next day delivery is only available on items ordered before 12 noon Monday to Thursday.
- We use a courier service for all our deliveries, this ensures your order is delivered to you in perfect condition. All items are delivered unassembled. If assembly is required, please see our engineered delivery below.
- We deliver orders to any desired address.
- We deliver from Monday to Friday. We do not deliver on Saturday or Sunday.
- The cost of shipping is €5.95 per order on items under €50. Free delivery will apply on all orders over €50 that are delivered by courier.
- The expected delivery time will depend on the stock levels. We will always ship out orders as soon as is practicable. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure these times are met, but cannot be held responsible for dispatched parcels delayed by third parties, for example due to poor weather conditions.
Item in stock: next day delivery. In instances where an item appears in stock on our website but is not available for some reason, a full refund will be offered on a no-hassle basis.
Available to order: Products will be delivered within 7-10 working days.
Specialised item: can vary from 4 – 6 weeks.
Engineered Delivery: If you order a large item like a bed that will need to be delivered, installed and demonstrated this will incur an engineered delivery charge of €120. You will be informed of any additional costs at the time of ordering. Engineered delivery can also be purchased if you would like products like riser recliners or scooters delivered, assembled and demonstrated. We are happy to offer this service when needed.
- Where there are unexpected delays you will be contacted by a member of our customer service and will be advised of this situation.
- If you do not receive your order within 15 working days, please contact us by email or phone, details are on our home page.
- We will replace lost or damaged orders free of charge.
- It is our policy to operate a fair and transparent ordering process.
Beechfield Healthcare Ltd makes every effort to ensure products arrive in perfect condition. However in the unlikely event of a product arriving damaged, customers should contact Customer Services within a reasonable time of receipt and return the package within a reasonable time, for a replacement to be sent.
If you find your purchase is unsatisfactory, we are happy to exchange items or refund your credit/debit card, provided the goods are returned to us within 7 days of their receipt, in the original undamaged packaging and in a re-saleable condition. We regret, however, that we cannot, in this case, refund return postage costs.
For hygiene purposes we cannot accept returns on toileting, incontinence, showering or bedding products.
If you have not received your order within 28 working days from the despatch date, customers should contact Customers Services. If we are unable to locate the missing product a replacement will be sent.
Customer Services email email@example.com
Please return items to:
Beechfield Healthcare Ltd,
Clonminam Business Park