Intelli-Gel Low Profile Pressure Cushion -18x18 inch
Intelli-Gel Low Profile cushions cannot leak or puncture and will continue to perform effectively even if damaged. Pressure relief up to stage 4.
The Intelli-Gel Low-Profile Topper is designed to be used over existing seat cushioning or on sling wheelchair seats to improve comfort and deliver many of the benefits of the Intelli-Gel® Contour without significantly increasing seat height. Used as a topper in conjunction with an existing seat cushion the Intelli-Gel Low-Profile can reduce the risk of pressure ulcers for those at high risk or with existing pressure ulcers up to Stage 4 (EPUAP).
The Intelli-Gel Low-Profile is also intended to improve comfort for healthy individuals who sit for long durations, such as road or air travel, or in the office.
Intelli-Gel is made up of a deep grid-like array of gel columns which allow it to redistribute pressure easily. Under areas of low pressure the gel columns support the weight of the body. Where peak pressures are present the gel columns buckle and a very low ‘spring back’ force is applied meaning peak pressure areas, such as the ischial tuberosities, are eliminated.
It is known that a 10 degrees rise in skin temperature increases cell metabolism by 10%. Cell necrosis occurs when the metabolic demand of the cell is not met by the supply of the blood. So as pressure reduces the supply, heat increases the demand causing the beginnings of a pressure ulcer.
Intelli-Gel is naturally good at reducing heat build up in the skin. This is due to the co-polymer gel material having a high specific heat capacity which means it takes a lot of energy to heat up and is therefore more likely to cool the patient than increase in temperature.
Contouring helps to prevent the pelvis from rotating backwards and in doing so protects the sacrum and improves posture. Contouring also improves the stability of the cushion helping users feel secure when seated. All Intelli-Gel cushions have some degree of contouring which maximizes the inherent pressure redistribution characteristics of the product.
Moisture is an important risk factor in the development of a pressure ulcer. Due to the array of gel columns with nothing between but air, Intelli-Gel encourages the circulation of air and the transport of moisture from the body.
Both Intelli-Gel and the closed cell foam beneath are non-absorbent. They can be submersed in water, cleaned and dried quickly. The non-absorbent qualities also mean the cushion cannot hold bacteria making
it much more hygienic than open cell foams. Holes in the foam base encourage airflow whilst maintaining the cushion’s cleaning capabilities.
YOUR SHIPPING AND DELIVERY POLICY
- Next day delivery is only available on items ordered before 12 noon Monday to Thursday.
- We use a courier service for all our deliveries, this ensures your order is delivered to you in perfect condition. All items are delivered unassembled. If assembly is required, please see our engineered delivery below.
- We deliver orders to any desired address.
- We deliver from Monday to Friday. We do not deliver on Saturday or Sunday.
- The cost of shipping is €5.95 per order on items under €50. Free delivery will apply on all orders over €50 that are delivered by courier.
- The expected delivery time will depend on the stock levels. We will always ship out orders as soon as is practicable. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure these times are met, but cannot be held responsible for dispatched parcels delayed by third parties, for example due to poor weather conditions.
Item in stock: next day delivery. In instances where an item appears in stock on our website but is not available for some reason, a full refund will be offered on a no-hassle basis.
Available to order: Products will be delivered within 7-10 working days.
Specialised item: can vary from 4 – 6 weeks.
Engineered Delivery: If you order a large item like a bed that will need to be delivered, installed and demonstrated this will incur an engineered delivery charge of €120. You will be informed of any additional costs at the time of ordering. Engineered delivery can also be purchased if you would like products like riser recliners or scooters delivered, assembled and demonstrated. We are happy to offer this service when needed.
- Where there are unexpected delays you will be contacted by a member of our customer service and will be advised of this situation.
- If you do not receive your order within 15 working days, please contact us by email or phone, details are on our home page.
- We will replace lost or damaged orders free of charge.
- It is our policy to operate a fair and transparent ordering process.
Beechfield Healthcare Ltd makes every effort to ensure products arrive in perfect condition. However in the unlikely event of a product arriving damaged, customers should contact Customer Services within a reasonable time of receipt and return the package within a reasonable time, for a replacement to be sent.
If you find your purchase is unsatisfactory, we are happy to exchange items or refund your credit/debit card, provided the goods are returned to us within 7 days of their receipt, in the original undamaged packaging and in a re-saleable condition. We regret, however, that we cannot, in this case, refund return postage costs.
For hygiene purposes we cannot accept returns on toileting, incontinence, showering or bedding products.
If you have not received your order within 28 working days from the despatch date, customers should contact Customers Services. If we are unable to locate the missing product a replacement will be sent.
Customer Services email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return items to:
Beechfield Healthcare Ltd,
Clonminam Business Park